Warranty & Guarantee
Your magicJack device is warranted against component defects for one year after purchase. Should you experience a technical problem with your device during the warranty period, and we determine you need a replacement, you can request a replacement device free of charge.
To avoid being charged for your replacement Device, you must:
- Obtain a return material authorization (“RMA”) number (returns without an RMA number will be rejected by magicJack, LP)
- Ship the items being returned to magicJack, LP, together with a written description of the claimed defect, shipping cost will be paid by the customer
- Pay any fees required as communicated at the magicJack website
The defective Device must be received by magicJack within fifteen (15) days of your receipt of your replacement Device or your credit card on file will be charged the full price of the replacement device (MSRP $26.95) plus associated taxes, shipping and handling.
This warranty does not include:
- Any condition resulting from incorrect or inadequate maintenance or care
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents or shipping damage
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer’s remorse
- Damages incurred during transportation
- Purchase of a used device
- Lost or stolen devices
For devices outside of the one-year warranty, but still under an active license period, the cost of a replacement device is $26.95 plus $7.95 shipping and admin fees, when shipped to a valid U.S. address. For Canadian addresses, an additional $3.00 shipping fee will be assessed, plus the aforementioned admin fees.
To replace a lost, stolen, or broken device:
- Log in to the my.magicJack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
- Under the Account tab, click Device Replacement.
- Follow the prompts to purchase a replacement device.
For devices with remaining active subscription time, the cost of a replacement device is $26.95, plus $7.95 shipping and admin fees, when shipped to a valid U.S. address. For Canadian addresses, an additional $3.00 shipping fee will be assessed., plus the aforementioned admin fees.
For devices without an active subscription, you will need to purchase a new device that comes with a subscription.
Replacement Device Activation and Service
When you receive your replacement device, plug it in to your computer and you will be prompted to select the device you wish to replace. Your remaining time and telephone number will automatically transfer.
Replacement devices do not include additional license time.
No, if you choose to stop using magicJack, there are no cancellation, early termination, penalty or other fees. Unused subscriptions are not refundable.
When registering a new magicJack device, you will be presented with an option to upgrade an existing device, if you have access time remaining that exceeds the free time that comes with your new device.
The remaining time on your current magicJack device can be transferred to a newer model during the registration process.
Upon completion of the transfer process, the device you selected to upgrade will be deactivated and no longer have the option to purchase additional service plans.