Guide to Transferring (Porting) a Number to magicJack
Generally yes. You can bring your phone number to magicJack. Click here to confirm your number is able to be ported to magicJack.
Your telephone number must be active and assigned to you with your current service provider in order to successfully transfer the number to magicJack.
There is a non-refundable $19.95 one-time fee to port a number to magicJack.
Please note that Canadian telephone numbers cost an additional $10 per year.
To initiate your port order, click here to log into your magicJack account and follow these instructions:
- Under the Phone Numbers tab, click Transfer
- Click the Transfer My Number button
- Follow the prompts to submit your transfer request
Other Porting Topics
While waiting for the port request to complete,
- magicJack will provide status updates via email when available
- The number transfer process typically takes between 7 and 15 business days for US numbers, and between 20 and 25 business days for Canadian numbers
- You will not receive incoming calls placed to this number through your magicJack service until the transfer has been completed
- You can still make outbound calls from your magicJack while the transfer is in progress
- Until the transfer is completed, your number will remain with the current service provider
Your port request may fail for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to) any combination of the following:
- Name does not match name on file with current service provider
- Account number does not match account number on file with current service provider
- Phone number is disconnected
- Phone number no longer held by your account with current service provider
- Address does not match address on file with current service provider
- Conflicting port order with current service provider
- Phone number tied to other service on current provider’s account
Depending on the reason for failure, you may be able to correct the information submitted with your transfer order by logging in to your my.magicJack.com account or contact the number’s current service provider to resolve.
In the event that your current port request is canceled, the telephone number you were assigned when you registered your magicJack will become your permanent number; however, you may still re-attempt to transfer your number in the future.
Please click here to cancel your port in request.