magicApp is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets.
- To download magicApp on the App Store, click here.
- To download magicApp on the Google Play store, click here.
magicApp is currently supported on Android 4.4 or higher and iOS 10 and higher. This is subject to change in future as operating system updates become available.
You must have the magicJack software installed on the computer. Do this by plugging the magicJack device into the computer and installing the software from the device, or via the links below.
To upgrade your dialpad software, please select your device type under the applicable operating system.
Click here to identify your magicJack.
- magicJack HOME / magicJack GO / magicJack EXPRESS / magicJack PLUS
- 2014 magicJack PLUS
- magicJack (Not compatible with Windows 10)
In order to receive calls on your mobile Apple devices, notifications for magicApp must be enabled.
On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
- Navigate to your settings
- Select Notifications
- Select magicApp
- Ensure the Alert Style is set to Notifications, and Sounds are set to On
When you uninstall the app from your device, all message history is deleted along with it. This cannot be restored.
Text messaging to your magicJack telephone number must be coming from a 10 digit telephone number. Short codes (like banks and verification codes) will not work with magicApp.
Text messaging is provided with an active magicJack device subscription. Once you download magicApp from the App Store or Google Play store, simply log in with your account credentials, and you can gain access to text messaging. Within the app navigate to Messages, look for Enable SMS on the top right corner and toggle the button to enable text messaging. It may take up to 5 minutes for the change to take effect and have text messaging enabled.
Note: For iOS (Apple) your App should be of Version 5.0.15 (2925) & for Android, it needs to be Version 220.127.116.11-b58c817 for you to be able to send/receive text messages. If you are running an older version, please update your magicApp using App Store/Play Store.
magicJack device owners can take advantage of text messaging for no additional cost.
Within magicApp, navigate to the Messages tab, and tap the top-right icon (iOS) or the bottom circular button (Android) to compose your text message.
No, you can send and receive text messages to any US mobile number.
Yes, but note that text messages can only be sent to US telephone numbers.
No, text messaging is only available via the iOS and Android versions of magicApp.
No, you can only send a message to one telephone number at a time.
No, picture/video messages (MMS) are not available.
To solve the issue, please perform the following check:
- Press Windows key+R.In the displayed dialog, enter cmd and hit Enter.
- In the “Command line” window, copy and paste the following line: dir "%USERPROFILE%.." and hit Enter.
- A list of files and folders will be displayed. One of them will be a folder (marked with in the third column) with the name of the user’s Windows login name. Two last columns will look like this:
where “Test User” is the user’s Windows login name.
- Look for the line without , but with “Test” (the part of the login name preceding the whitespace) as the name. It will be a file, and will have a size column filled, like this:58 Test
- In the “Command line” window, copy and paste the following line: explorer "%USERPROFILE%.." and hit Enter.
- A Windows Explorer window will open. Find the file from step 4, and rename it. For example, add an underscore to its name.
For each magicJack Device subscription, you can have only one Companion App. While you can setup the magicApp on multiple devices, you cannot be logged in at the same time on different devices.
You can switch between devices with different Operating System (Android to Apple iOS or vice versa) just by logging in to the required device. By doing so, you will immediately be logged out from the previous device on which you are signed in.
Yes, call blocking is available with magicApp.
You can easily block up to 99 telephone numbers. When a telephone number on your blocked number list attempts to contact you, they will receive a busy signal, and your phone will not ring.
If you are using magicApp on Android/iOS device, you can directly add a Phone number to block list from magicApp. To do so:
- Login to your magicApp on your Android/iOS device
- Navigate to Call logs tab on the magicApp. Tap on the phone number for Android or tap on information icon for iOS, to see the Call Details screen
- On the Call Details screen, tap on Block to add that number to block list
Note: To unblock a blocked Phone number, you will need to login to magicJack account portal at my.magicJack.com and follow the below listed steps.
Editing blocked numbers
- Login to your account at my.magicJack.com
- Hover your mouse over the Call Features tab
- Click the Call Blocking option
- Click the Edit List option to view the full list of blocked numbers
- Add or Change a Nickname and click Update
- Remove a Number from the Call Block List: Click the “–” (minus) icon in the Add/Remove column to remove the associated telephone number.
Tips for blocking telemarketers
We recommend that you register your magicJack telephone number(s) on the National Do Not Call Registry (found at www.donotcall.gov). The National Do Not Call Registry allows you to opt out of receiving telemarketing. Most telemarketers will not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days.
If you continue to receive telemarketing calls after 31 days have passed, you can file a complaint on the www.donotcall.gov website.