magicApp is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets.
- To download magicApp on the App Store, click here.
- To download magicApp on the Google Play store, click here.
magicApp is currently supported on Android 4.4 or higher and iOS 10 and higher. This is subject to change in future as operating system updates become available.
You must have the magicJack software installed on the computer. Do this by plugging the magicJack device into the computer and installing the software from the device, or via the links below.
To upgrade your dialpad software, please select your device type under the applicable operating system.
Click Here to identify your magicJack.
- magicJack GO / magicJack EXPRESS / magicJack PLUS
- 2014 magicJack PLUS
- magicJack (Not compatible with Windows 10)
In order to receive calls on your mobile Apple devices, notifications for magicApp must be enabled.
On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
- Navigate to your settings
- Select Notifications
- Select magicApp
- Ensure the Alert Style is set to Notifications, and Sounds are set to On
When you uninstall the app from your device, all message history is deleted along with it. This cannot be restored.
Text messaging to your magicJack telephone number must be coming from a 10 digit telephone number. Short codes (like banks and verification codes) will not work with magicApp.
magicJack device owners can take advantage of text messaging for no additional cost.
Within magicApp, navigate to the Messages tab, and tap the top-right icon (iOS) or the bottom circular button (Android) to compose your text message.
No, you can send and receive text messages to any US mobile number.
Yes, but note that text messages can only be sent to US telephone numbers.
No, text messaging is only available via the iOS and Android versions of magicApp.
No, you can only send a message to one telephone number at a time.
No, picture/video messages (MMS) are not available.
To solve the issue, please perform the following check:
- Press Windows key+R.In the displayed dialog, enter cmd and hit Enter.
- In the “Command line” window, copy and paste the following line: dir "%USERPROFILE%.." and hit Enter.
- A list of files and folders will be displayed. One of them will be a folder (marked with <DIR> in the third column) with the name of the user’s Windows login name. Two last columns will look like this:
<DIR> Test User
where “Test User” is the user’s Windows login name.
- Look for the line without <DIR>, but with “Test” (the part of the login name preceding the whitespace) as the name. It will be a file, and will have a size column filled, like this:58 Test
- In the “Command line” window, copy and paste the following line: explorer "%USERPROFILE%.." and hit Enter.
- A Windows Explorer window will open. Find the file from step 4, and rename it. For example, add an underscore to its name.
For each subscription, you can have only one companion app. While you can setup the magicApp on multiple devices, you cannot be logged in at the same time on different devices. You can only switch between devices with the same operating system. For example, if you are using the magicApp on an Apple iOS device, you can only use the magicApp on another Apple iOS device. To use the same account on an Android device, the subscription setting will need to be reset.
To request the reset of your magicApp device setting, follow these steps:
- Write an email request to reset your magicApp device setting
- In the email subject line, enter Switch Companion App
- In the email message body, include the following details:
- The full name as indicated in the account
- The magicJack phone number associated with the account
- The complete billing address on the account
- The primary email address associated with the account
- Send the email request to email@example.com
The account details in your request must match the information on the account. To confirm your account information, login to my.magicJack.com. We will be unable to process your request for incomplete details or if the details provided don't match your account information.