To use a magicJack, you MUST have the following:
- A computer with Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or MAC operating system; AND
- Internet connection: DSL, Cable, or Broadband high-speed internet connection, with at least 5 mbps download speed and 3 mbps upload speed, AND
- A corded or cordless telephone (you can also use a headset or your computer’s microphone and speakers).
Note: The original (silver box) magicJack is not supported on Windows 8 or Windows 10.
The following Internet services are compatible with magicJack:
- Cable Internet
- Wi-Fi Network when connected via a computer
A minimum of at least 5 mbps download speed and 3 mbps upload speed is required.
Dial-up and Satellite internet service do not provide enough bandwidth or speed for magicJack to function efficiently.
magicJack is compatible with most analog or digital corded or cordless phones. When plugged into a USB port on your computer, you can use a computer headset.
You can plug a cordless base station into your magicJack and use several cordless handsets throughout your house. However, please do not connect your magicJack to your house’s internal wiring, as that can cause problems with properly sending and receiving calls.
We do not recommend using a phone splitter with the magicJack, as it can cause problems with properly sending and receiving calls.
Note: If your magicJack is plugged into a computer, you might have to use a powered USB hub when using multiple phones in order to generate sufficient power from the USB port.
If you have a computer with a mic and speakers, you can also use it as a speaker phone the same way you would with a traditional telephone. A headset may also be used but is not required.
Each magicJack device provides only one (1) line of service.
magicJack supports Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or Mac.
The original magicJack (silver box) does not support Windows 8 or 10.
Linux is not supported.
magicApp is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets.
- To download magicApp on the App Store, click here.
- To download magicApp on the Google Play store, click here.
magicApp is currently supported on Android 4.4 or higher and iOS 10 and higher. This is subject to change in future as operating system updates become available.