Other Porting Topics
While waiting for the port request to complete,
- magicJack will provide status updates via email when available
- The number transfer process typically takes between 7 and 15 business days for US numbers, and between 20 and 25 business days for Canadian numbers
- You will not receive incoming calls placed to this number through your magicJack service until the transfer has been completed
- You can still make outbound calls from your magicJack while the transfer is in progress
- Until the transfer is completed, your number will remain with the current service provider
Your port request may fail for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to) any combination of the following:
- Name does not match name on file with current service provider
- Account number does not match account number on file with current service provider
- Phone number is disconnected
- Phone number no longer held by your account with current service provider
- Address does not match address on file with current service provider
- Conflicting port order with current service provider
- Phone number tied to other service on current provider’s account
Depending on the reason for failure, you may be able to correct the information submitted with your transfer order by logging in to your my.magicJack.com account or contact the number’s current service provider to resolve.
In the event that your current port request is canceled, the telephone number you were assigned when you registered your magicJack will become your permanent number; however, you may still re-attempt to transfer your number in the future.
Please click here to cancel your port in request.
In order to transfer a number on your magicJack account to a new provider, eligible requests should be initiated by your new service provider, who will coordinate the transfer.
Please note the following:
- Your account number can be found by logging in to the my.magicJack.com portal.
- If required by your new carrier, your magicJack account’s PIN number will be the password you use to log in to the my.magicJack.com portal. We recommend you reset your password to a six-digit numerical password for convenience during the porting process.
Once we have received the port request from your new provider, we will contact you via email.